When we think about emergency kits, we think of a first aid kit or a Murphy kit for event planning. But what about a package for our mental health? A way to show that you care for yourself or a friend can be expressed by making an emergency hygge kit!
Emergency hygge kits are little care packs for yourself that contain all your favourite things to open up when you’re having a bad day or need some more comfort. They don’t have band-aids or medical gauze in them, but they have something equally as helpful – comfy socks.
Since the emergency hygge kits I’ve found are Danish, here’s what I’ve brainstormed to make the perfect Canadian emergency hygge kit:
- A favourite book to read to calm me down. I’d pick either the sun and her flowers by rupi kaur or tuesday’s with morrie by Mitch Albom. (I appreciate the fact that all of these books prefer to be under-case.)
- My favourite chocolate to snack on! I’d have the OMG S’more Milk Chocolate Clusters or Milk Chocolate Lindt Balls.
- Fuzzy pair of socks
- A candle
- Comfy scarf to wrap me in
- Yummy tea
- An adorable journal to write in
This is what would be in mine… but what if you could win one of your own?
Presenting the TNH EMERGENCY HYGGE KIT GIVEAWAY!!
Yes! We got a super easy contest to win some hyggelig comforts! I’ve been talking with local businesses throughout the year and wanted to create something cozy for one lucky winner to indulge in.
So what’s in the pack?
- A cozy pair of socks that say “If you can read this, bring me a cup of tea” from A Pinch of Creativity
- London Fog tea from Cornelia Bean
- Chunky Knit Sweater candle from Coal and Canary Candle Company
- Hygge Edition postcards from Hut K
So, how do I win such a sweet, locally made Emergency Hygge Kit?
All you need to do is join the True North Hygge Facebook group!
Joining the group automatically gets you entered into the draw. Plus, if you recommend a friend and they join, YOU GET ANOTHER ENTRY!
Due to shipping limits, this contest is open to Canadians only.
Thank you so much to the local businesses that opened their doors to chat with me!
Can’t wait to see you all in the group!